Friday, December 26, 2014

Protective Styling - It's That Time of Year Again...

Winter Dryness....Ughhh

When looking for extra moisture, one of my favoritie "Go-To" protectant styles are two-strand twists.

I usually start with freshly, washed & conditioned, dampened semi-stretched hair.

To achieve this look, I started by parting each section in fours then finger part into medium sized sections, these are not "mini" twists.

Products:  Jamaican Mango & Lime Loc Gel, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Water & Aloe Juice Mix; sealed with my favorite Shea Butter mixture (Unrefined Shea & Coconut Oil).

Maintenance:  This time around, since my hair was extremely dry, I took it wayyyy back to ol' skool &  moisturized daily with S-Curl Activating Moisturizer & used the "Bag Method" (slept with a shower/Jheri curl cap). In addition to sealing my strands(ends) with coconut oil and/or castor oil, I must say this really helped my hair retain extra moisture and made my hair very soft.

Duration:  6-7 weeks.






No comments:

Post a Comment