Thursday, May 21, 2015

Dust Much?

Anyone familiar with dusting?  Is it your chosen method of trimming.  I do, I dust my own hair so I don't leave someone's chair with a new haircut I didn't ask for.  Dusting, how I do it, consists of me twisting my hair and lightly trimming with hair scissors, (very important) just above the split ends.  The point of this is to stop the split ends before it gets worst while retaining as much length as possible which is the goal for me.  You should not be able to tell that you have dusted as there should only be tiny remnants of hair on the sink, or wherever you do it.   You could also use the seek and destroy method when it comes to split ends.  That's just what it sounds like, find them and rid those beautiful strands of splits.  Split ends can cause problems like tangling and frizz, which are biggies to us kinky folk so trimming is important.  Make sure you can see what it is you're cutting away at.  So being consistent is key.  Now I don't do it as nearly as often as I should but it gets done and this is my method of choice!

Mei

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! Thanks. I usually trim whenever I do my protective twists, clipping the scraggly ends then is a huge help.

    ReplyDelete